Google My Business has a messaging feature.
This allows potential customers to message you – without even visiting your website.
Based on the research, the listings which enable this feature and have response times of less than 24 hours – are rewarded with better visibility.
Your listing will have message buttons added:
Note: Google My Business is always testing how to display its features. This may look different for your listing.
Enabling Messaging on Desktop
- Sign into your Google My Business account.
- Click the Messages link in the left-side navigation.
- Click the Messaging settings link:
- Toggle messaging to on:
Enabling Messaging with the App
Below are links for Android and Apple iOS versions.
If you’re reading this on your computer, I’d recommend searching for it in the app store on your phone or tablet.
- Sign into the app with the same account as your Google My Business listing.
- Select the listing you would like to enable messaging for.
- Navigate to the Customers section.
- Tap messages and “Turn On”
Without notifications, you won’t know if someone messages you, unless you manually check the app.
If someone messages you, it’s important to respond within 24 hours.